Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Welcome Rain?

It actually rained for a little while this morning, and I can honestly say I have never come across so many Manitobans who were so accepting of it in July. It's been a while since we've had any, and I think the state of the grass, plants and flowers makes that very apparent. I totally would have been okay if it rained all day because it's been so dry. I don't think there's much more in the near forecast either. It's been quite a few years since we've had such a hot, hot summer with hardly any rain. I love it! This is what summer is supposed to be like. I know, there are alot of people who don't like the heat, and that's fine, but for me personally, I hate winter. I really do. Our summers are so short-lived, I don't care if it was 30 above every day from May until September. That's just the way I am.

I am fully aware that I pay very close attention to the weather, both in winter and summer. I asked my mom one day if she thought it was the farmer in me that is so concerned, but she said that it's the Manitoban in me. Makes perfect sense.

The forecast for this coming Monday is 40 degrees. Can you believe that? I know it's going to change, but if they're going to forecast a temperature that high, why not make it completely unbelievable and say it's going to be 52 or something? At first, the forecast for this Saturday was 38, now it's changed to 25. Why even bother forecasting that far ahead? It never stays the same. Oh well. I guess shock value is worth something.

We're heading out to St. Malo this weekend. We've rented a cabin, and I can't wait. All four of us are SUPER excited. It will be really nice to get away for a short time. We'll take pictures and I'll post a few on here next week sometime.

I hope everyone's having a great summer so far. Those who are on holidays, have been on holidays, are moving far, far away, and those who get to go on Carribbean cruises.

See you all soon....

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 27, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

It is funny how almost everyone I talked to about the rain was pleased too. You and George should talk cause he is always giving me updates on the weather. Lol.. its very funny. Have fun with the family this weekend. You guys need the break.

I hated saying goodbye last night. I know it had to be done. But it really really really sucked!! I hope you can make it out in the fall like you hope.

 
At Thursday, July 27, 2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Char said...

I didn't want to say good bye last night. I had myself convinced that we were going to see each other before the weekend just to avoid the whole thing. I ran into Chris at Safeway after work today, and he asked if I saw you today, and I said I didn't, and then he asked if I was going to see you tomorrow, and then I realized what he was getting at, so again my answer was no. He just kind of laughed. Not very funny if you ask me.

Anyway....onto other things...

We'll have a great time this weekend. You guys have a great holiday, and we'll see you when you get back. Maybe you won't be gone long enough to get the phone hooked up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home