Thursday, April 27, 2006

So, So Close!

Tonight was my very last 1:00 a.m. shift. I cannot express how happy I am that I will no longer have to come home to work to a dark house and everyone has been sleeping for hours by that point. I will no longer have no say in how much sleep I get each night, AND I will no longer have to work on weekends. Sunday is my last "old" shift, but because I have to start at 9:00 on Monday morning, the higher ups have allowed me to work an earlier shift that day. 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Not bad.

I had to pack up my desk tonight and say good bye to some of my co-workers since after tonight, we will no longer be working together. I will still see most of them, but the ones I've become friends with will be working a similar shift to mine, although on different teams, but I'll still get to see them, which makes me happy.

It was kind of bittersweet tonight. You know how you kind of get used to something, even though it may not be the greatest thing? Well, I think that happened with this night shift I've been working. I was comfortable with the routine and all, and I felt a little sad driving away from there tonight. The hardest part of it is putting Jake into day care. I know he'll be fine, and I know it's a good thing for him, but he keeps telling me he doesn't want to go. He'll settle in and love it in no time. He really has no choice.

I'm going to miss being at home during the day. I have a schedule of shows I like to watch. Especially Y&R at 1:00 every afternoon. That was always my down time. I don't know when I'll get to see Y&R any more, unless I ask a certain someone's husband to possibly, maybe, download episodes for me so I can watch them all at once. Hmmm...there's a thought. I'll have to talk real nice to him...right Jenn?

I know I'll be working a pretty sweet shift. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. That will be nice, especially in the summer. I'll really miss having Fridays off as I've had for the past 2 1/2 years, but I could probably get used to Wednesdays off too.

One thing I've promised myself during all these changes is to do something to move up in that place. I'm getting restless doing my job, and there are alot of other opportunities I could explore. So, that is my goal for right now.

I wasn't even sure I'd make it through my whole shift tonight since I've been sick. The cough wasn't too bad throughout the night, and the only pain I had was my eye feeling like it was bulging out of my head. Well, that plus the headache that just goes along with a sinus infection. Other than that, I managed to get through just fine.

I don't know when I'll update again. I'll try over the weekend, but we'll see what happens.

Time to medicate.

Bye for now.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

You must feel good to have the night shift behind you now. It is hard leaving your "comfort zone" even if its not ideal! Jake will love day care he will miss you but before you know it he wont be wanting to leave when you pick him up. Just imagine all the sleep you will get! Lucky!!

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:19:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Comfort comfort comfort. Why does everyone (including me) strive for that comfort zone?
Oh i know......becasue its comforatable. The only thing i dont like being comforatable with is eating. I love to be stuffed beyond recognition. Im not too comforatable right now so i will go and try to get a little more.
Good luck with your new Job at Safeway!!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home