Monday, April 24, 2006

Sunday Night/Monday Morning

What the hell was up with the weather today? I had the kids dressed in shorts and tank tops, and then around 4:00 the temperature just dropped. I went to work wearing capris, sandals and a tank top. When I left, I felt like I should have been wearing woolies. And boots. And maybe a jacket. So weird. I think it even snowed at one point throughout the evening. Bloody lovely. Haven't we had awesome weather lately though? We've been so lucky on the weekends. Two in a row..not bad. From what I understand next weekend is supposed to be nice too. We damn well deserve it! The crap we put up with all winter. I seriously thought it was not going to end this year. But here we are. We even saw people planting flowers today. A little premature there, but it's nice to see everyone so anxious. Seems like all the yard work has been done, and everyone is more than ready for summer. I can't wait. We might even have Charbecue '06 this year. I'll keep you posted.

Oh yeah....this was my last Sunday shift working until 1 a.m. Next Sunday is my last shift before the changeover to days, and I'll be working 1-7, which will be a nice change, but even NICER is the fact that I won't be working Sundays any more as of May 1st. Just a little exciting. I like the thought of having a semi-normal life once again. For everyone who doesn't know, things around my house are NEVER normal, so I don't even really know what that means. Maybe one day I'll know.

Anyhow, I'm off to bed. I'm tired, sick, and still feeling oh so shitty from my awesome time out on Friday night. I'm paying big time for that one. But at least I have about a year's supply of coffee to show for it.

4 Comments:

At Monday, April 24, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I know what you mean about the weather yesterday. I actually found a pair of shorts that fit me and put them on then the next thing I know its like fall! Just like that! Good weather this weekend though. I had a blast on Friday too. OMG.. its been a long time since I have gone out and had fun. Sorry you felt so shitty after. Have you had alot of coffee since? Has Jake had his Hot Twaklit? LOL,,, what an awesome prize you won!! Good times were had!!

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

I haven't made any coffee yet, but the kids have had hot twakwit. From what I hear it's good. I've set up the new coffee maker and the old one is ready for the garage sale.

We'll have to go out again for a night of fun very soon. Except I'll stay away from the vodka next time. Not good.

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 2:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time you updated your blog. I miss the read. Now get your brother and sister to do theirs and I'll know what is going on in the family.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger All Nob said...

I don't even trust the weather people anymore. I just flip a coin, heads is warm and tails is cold/rain. It's about 50% accurate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home