Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Off Days

I don't mean days off, I mean off days as in "bad" days. I had one of those at work tonight, and came home feeling really shitty about it. The night didn't end off the greatest with my supervisor, and because it was at the end of the night, it's going to sit with me and I'm going to let myself think about it until at least tomorrow afternoon. Why can't I just leave it at work? I've never had any issues at all with my supervisor, so maybe that's why it's bugging me so much. I usually am able to get through my shift with no problems, I don't usually have to ask her any questions, or transfer any upset clients to her, but tonight for some reason, I asked a million questions, and I wasn't able to think straight all night. I went to work feeling dragged down and really tired, and it really affected everything at work. At one point, I had to transfer a pissed off client to my supervisor, and right at the end of my shift, I had another customer who wanted to speak to my supervisor. When I went to her and told her, she actually let out a sigh and made a face while rolling her eyes. Like I wanted to deal with an asshole at 1:00 a.m. myself. She's the fucking supervisor (not the supervisor of fucking...the effen supervisor). Anyway, I told her what was wrong, and she basically told me to do what the client wanted. She wouldn't take the call. So, I had to look like the idiot and go back to the customer, and help him when I just argued with him for five minutes about why I couldn't. Also, the people who sit near me had to hear the whole conversation, and then the next thing they see, I'm giving the customer the information I was told to give him. I looked like an asshole. Or, I felt like one anyway.

When I was driving home, it hit me that I had a bad day today. I really did. I haven't had a bad day at work in a really long time, so I guess I'm entitled, but it's still really, really shitty. This is how I have to end my day. I'm sure she's not bothered by anything that happened, and I'm sure she's on her way home right now, and I'm the last person on her mind. So why do I have to waste my energy, time, and brainspace thinking about this? Sometimes I wish I was the type of person who didn't give a shit. But I do. Why can't we have allotted days off for times like this? Especially when it's affecting our work. I'm sure I completely annoyed the hell out of my supervisor tonight. I shouldn't really care since I'm not normally like that. I guess I'm feeling a little embarrassed about it and that's why it's bugging me so much.

I can only hope it's not like that tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, Jake has an appointment for a hearing test. I told him that we have to go to this appointment, and he asked why, so I told him because we need to know how well he hears. He seemed satisfied with that.

Well, off I go for now.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, April 13, 2006 7:45:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I have had those days before. They really suck. Hopfully your last day was better..

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

In a sense ithink it would be more difficult to "deal" with f'd up customers over the phone than in person like i do. At least i can use body language and facial expressoins to aid my argument of stand on things. For you ist it simply verbal. So at the end of the day your a better person than me due to your verbal mongering tendancies.
Have you ever given a customer the finger?

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 8:51:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

i should have said abilities. not tendancies.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Oh yea. Kelsey is an amazing basketball player. Too much coaching not enough cheering though.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Blogger All Nob said...

I hear ya... I hate working with people more than I hate working with computers and computer people!

Happy Easter Char & family!

 
At Monday, April 17, 2006 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

Looking good Brian!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home