Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Aaaaaahhhhhhh.........



I have to say that my favourite smell in the whole world is when the lilacs are in bloom. I've loved lilacs since I was little, and maybe it's because they bloom around the time of my birthday so I make the association with spring, and the most awesome day ever, which by the way, is May 31st. Jake and I went out for a walk this morning, and that's all I could smell...lilacs....it made me so happy. We don't have a lilac bush in our yard, but one day I will. I want the purple ones and the white ones. I know the white ones don't smell as nice as the purple, but they look pretty. May has to be my favourite month of the year. Everything is in bloom, the days are nice and long, and it's the start of summer. Plus let's not forget my birthday. Even though I'm not a youngster any more, I still love my birthday. Along with that, there's Mother's Day, and it's also mine and Kenny's wedding anniversary on the 14th. May is nice.

For our anniversary this year, we had dinner at the new Keg on McGillivray, and we weren't supposed to give each other gifts, but Kenny did anyway. He gave me a diamond anniversary band. I was so surprised. He gave it to me at the restaurant after we ordered dinner. It was sooo nice. The ring is very pretty and I love it. I was saying to him a while ago that it would be nice to have a plain gold band that I could wear all the time, even without my actual wedding ring, and he remembered.

I'm still debating about having Charbecue this year. We skipped last year, but maybe we'll do it again this year. It would be an excuse to get together if nothing else. The weather has been cooperating, so chances of it being nice the last weekend in May are pretty good too. Looks like the long range forecast is about 20 degrees for that day (the 27th). I should decide soon if we're going to do it or not. Maybe try something new this time. I don't know. It would be nice to have the bbq and then maybe have a bonfire later on. I'll decide soon and let everyone know. I'd have some new people to invite, so it could be fun. New ears to tell our stories to.

While I was checking the forecast, it's saying 32 degrees for this coming Tuesday!! Can you believe that? That's crazy! It will more than likely change, but holy crap. That's hot. I guess that's May for you. Along with all the nice things I just talked about, the weather can be pretty unpredictable. Remember the lovely 29 cm of snow that fell on May 11, 2004? I do.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for today. I know I'll have more later in the week.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Love love love that picture with you and Mr.Williams!! That was soo cool. Did you know he told me I looked nice that day? *blush* Have Charbecue!! I wont be able to come until after work but I will still show up!! Lilacs are good... walks with your kids are good... summer is good!!

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 9:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think May is pretty good too. Especially May 30er31 or whatever the last day is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home