Thursday, March 23, 2006

End of Week Stuff

What a way to end the week....I say this in a positive way believe it or not. Tonight was my last shift before starting holidays until April 2nd, and I had a really good night.

At the end of each quarter, each sales group has an awards ceremony, at which the centre's top performers are rewarded and recognized for their efforts. A couple of nights ago, my supervisor came to me and said that I would be off the phones on Wednesday from 7:30 - 8:00 beause she wanted me to be her guest at the awards ceremony. This was the first "invitation" I'd ever received since starting there. I was quite happy about this because there are always snacks, and each ceremony has its own theme that the supervisors running it come up with. The food always coincides with the theme. This one was a St. Patrick's Day theme, therefore the food they served........green. Kind of gross, but cute at the same time. They had cream puffs and someone filled them with green whipped cream. Nice to look at, but nasty to eat.

Anyway, when it was my supervisor's turn to speak/hand out an award, it was for ME! I was so cheesed. It was a "Client Experience" award from a call I had many weeks ago where the client had been with the bank for 68 years. So, I mentioned to the client that I thought this was amazing. He then told me that he has been a client of the bank since he was 11 years old and his mother opened the account for him, and he's never banked anywhere else. I told him that I was impressed at how long he has been with us, and made a bit of an ordeal over it. The client was pretty happy at the end of our conversation. Anyway, at the time, my supervisor thought this was great, and she was so happy that I would think to bring this up with a customer ("you can't buy advertising like that!!"). So, this is what I was rewarded for. It wasn't a big tangeable prize, but I received a little certificate, had my picture taken (barf), and got a little recognition within the centre. So, it kind of made my night.

There are so many prizes and awards to be won within this company, and the ultimate is a cruise that everyone has the opportunity of winning. The prize is a trip for two, all expenses paid for 10 days on a Caribbean Cruise. There are about 8 employees from our centre who went this year (the cruise is always in January), and this is my ultimate goal. I was thinking that I should not leave the company until I've gone on one cruise. That could take years, but whatever. A cruise?? That has been my dream since I was about 13 years old.

Anyway, I suppose I could have condensed that whole story quite a bit, but that's just not my style. Unless I'm talking about my foul-mouthed three-year-old. Who is getting sick by the way, because I'm starting holidays. Isn't that always how it goes?????????????

I am now heading off for my short little slumber and dream about Children's Hospital........

'Night

5 Comments:

At Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Thats awesome that you recieved that reward!! I know it means alot to get recognized especially when working in a call center and working with soo many other people!! What did you do with your certificate? Where does the picture go? Poor Jake! Hopefully he doesnt get too sick, he's been pretty good about not getting "hospital sick" lately. Talk to you in a bit! Now I am going to call you!! LOL

 
At Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I likes yous blog. Tout la monde. Vive la france.

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 9:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Char!!!

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are awesome mondini!

 
At Sunday, April 02, 2006 9:56:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

blog fuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home