Thursday, March 09, 2006

Here We Are Again...


It's that time of the week again. The much anticipated weekend.

It's going to seem like something is missing since Kelsey doesn't have basketball on Saturday. We do however, have registration for the Spring League, which doesn't start until mid-April. But, her team from the Winter League is registered for HoopFest which takes place at the Duckworth Centre on March 18th. I am so looking forward to that. I think she'll have a blast. It's kind of like a skills competition, and from what I gather it's an all-day affair, so it should be fun. After that I guess she'll have a couple of Saturdays off and then we'll be at it again. I love it though. I think she's found her thing finally, well, since swimming has been discontinued (she already knows how to swim so why continue with lessons any further than age 8?) Anyway, I am so happy that she's found basketball and she truly does enjoy it. Her last two playoff games were so exciting, and they weren't even playing in the championships. It was very intense nonetheless. She played so awesome, and between the two games she played that day, scored TEN, yes TEN, baskets. It would have been eleven, but one was not counted for some reason. She was even setting picks, and everything she did just looked so natural.

Anyway, she's looking very forward to playing in the spring, and I think we're going to enroll her in basketball camp at the U of W this summer. It will be a week long session, 8 hours per day. I think it woul be so beneficial to her. I really think she'd learn alot. I even heard an ad on the radio for it today. There are teams that she can actually try out for, but I'm not sure I want to start getting her that competitive quite yet. She's only 11. There's lots of time for that. We'll see how this next session goes.

We took Jake bowling the other day for the first time, so maybe that will be his sport. We can all congregate at the local alley and cheer him on the same way we cheer Kelsey on at basketball, "Comeon Jake!! You can do it! Spare it up!! Spare it UUUUUUUPP!!"

Seriously though, he had fun. It took over an hour to play a game, and he had to use the same ball each time, so we had to wait for it to come back before he could roll his next turn. On a couple of turns, the ball stopped dead in the middle of the lane, so I had to walk down the platform (NOT on the alley itself because I'm sure I would have been shot), and retrieve the ball. It was pretty funny. Next time you see him, ask him how he bowls. He'll show you.

I'm going out with a friend (Gwendolyn, or more commonly known as Gwen) on Friday night for appetizers and a drink or two or twenty. I'm not sure where we're going, but it's just going to be the two of us. We work at the same place, so we're getting together for drinks and rants. I'm looking forward to it. I just have to remember how I felt all day last Saturday after I drank a bottle of wine the night before. I had a whole lot of regrets that day, let me tell you. I don't want to feel like that and waste a whole day again. Mind you, our Saturday was so busy last week, I didn't have time to feel shitty.

Friday during the day is going to be busy. Jake has a doctor's appointment, and then Kelsey's choir is singing in the afternoon. Then I have to come home and get ready for my date.

I can't remember what we're doing on Saturday. Seriously. I've drawn a blank, but I'm sure it's important. And fun.

Whatever I end up doing the rest of the weekend will include a whole lot of sleep. I need to catch up so badly.

On that note, I am heading off to bed right now for my 4.2 hours of sleep.

'Night

3 Comments:

At Friday, March 10, 2006 1:17:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

That was such an awesome game! Kelsey rocked!! I cant wait for spring league now.

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I really like your posts. your an allstar. Jenn was the pioneer but your an allstar. i mean in the bloggin world. i sound like i think about blogs lots. blogging is my new golf. enjoy your weekend. blog about your weekend.

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 7:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Char I am sad Kelsey's basketball is somewhat over. I love going to her games and getting a little too rowdy.

As for you feeling shitty after wine, I love when you drink wine. I had the best time that night just you and I.

As well Saturday Kelsey is having a friend over tonight(Saturday) so that is what we are doing this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home