Friday, September 15, 2006

Promises, Promises...

I know I promised to post more often, but guess what? I broke my promise. I'm sure all you die hard readers out there have been suffering from withdrawal symptoms, and for that I apologize. I know how much you all LOVE to read my blathering.

A few things have happened since I last posted. Summer ended. Well, kind of. It's the middle of September and the temperature reached 31 degrees. Strange. What's even more strange is that it is SNOWING in Calgary today. Well, maybe not so strange for Calgary, but it's just funny how Winnipeg is always pointed and laughed at for its bad weather. Not this summer.

Kelsey went on her big vacation to Florida and the Caribbean, came back with the darkest tan I think she could possibly get. Not long afer her return, she started grade 6 (barf). Jake had his first day of school this past Monday, and he loves it. Nursery school. I remember my nursery school teacher, so I hope he has as memorable an experience as I did.

I've come to realize that my new job may not be the route I want to take career-wise. The idea of it sounds great, but my experience in the last 3 1/2 months hasn't been all that spectacular. Not sure what to do at this point, but I do know that I have never felt as stressed and run down as I have since I've been working the new job. I've been sick a few times, worried, anxious...not an experience to write home about. So, I need to make some decisions. I was sick this past week and had to miss 4 days, so now I'm fretting about going back on Monday. I don't know how they're going to react, but I was legitimately sick. What started out as a sore throat and feeling "ucky" turned into asthma and bronchitis. I was out of commission for almost a whole week. I'm starting to feel better now, although I'm still coughing quite a bit. I'm on a fair bit of medication too ($270 worth), so I'm hoping once it's finished I'm completely over being sick. I haven't had to use puffers on a regular basis in years. Plus I'm on the same stuff Jake is on. We take 3 of the same medications. Kind of cute, but not really. Back to the work thing for just a second......if I had my way, I wouldn't have to work. I know for us it makes no sense, but in a perfect world, I would love to be able to stay home with the kids and look after the house, meals, all that stuff. I do my share of it now, but work gets in the way of how I would like to do things.

Friends of ours are expecting a baby at the end of the month, so I was in the basement tonight digging out some of our 'stuff' that we're giving them. I feel kind of sad parting with it, but I know it will all be well cared for, so I'm not worried. I think they're having a girl, but if I'm wrong with my prediction, they'll be laughing in the clothes department. We have bins of Jake's clothes that I'll just give them. I'll keep one or two sleepers (the preemie ones) for nostalgic reasons, but I'd be more than happy to pass everything else on to them.

I don't know what else......it's extremely late, so I should get to bed. I don't want to be wiped out all weekend. I'm tired of laying around.

Thanks for reading my blather blog, and see you all soon...

Here's a little something for you.......

http://www.rathergood.com/gaybar/

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I'm so glad your back! I check your blog every day.. woo hoo!! Hope you are feeling better..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home