Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mom Jeans


I was at work tonight and was walking past my team leader's desk. She stopped me and said, "Charlene, I LOVE your hair!!" So, I politely thanked her and was about to continue walking, and she started talking again..."You look just like TINA FEY!" Well, I took that as a huge compliment. Before I continue, I should mention that my hair dryer broke this weekend, and the only way I'm able to style my hair so it looks nice is to put rollers in after it's washed. This results in a style similar to Tina Fey's, although this is not what I had in mind. I was pissed off that I couldn't just dry my hair and be done with it. It is such a pain in the arse to "roll" my hair. Although in the end it turned out nice. Also, I just dyed my hair over the weekend, so the colour is a bit different. I guess the fact that I also wear glasses similar to hers helped.

Anyway...I thought that was a great compliment. I love Tina Fey. I think she's hilarious. I don't know much about her except that she writes some pretty funny stuff. One of the funniest commercials she wrote for SNL was called "Mom Jeans". It was based on an incident that actually happened to her, and she wrote an extremely funny commercial about it. I think the term "mom jeans" is self-explanatory, and every time I see that skit, I find something new to laugh at. What I learned about Tina Fey tonight after going on a website about her, is that she is only a year older than me. Interesting. Why I find that important is unknown to me right now, but it meant something anyway. Oh, AND she was born May 18. So, almost a year to the day.

Later on in my shift, my team leader came to my desk and said that she "loved the colour". I told her I did it myself, and she seemed very impressed. Needless to say my ego is a little inflated right now. It will deflate after I go to bed tonight and realize I'll be up in about 4 hours' time. Now, there's something to look forward to!

One thing to mention before I finish here....yay to Amy for being able to get her tea set and tutu back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTFN

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

YOu should have taken a picture so I can see! But now that its mentioned I kinda do see it.. lucky you1 I love her too I know we have had this conversation before and I am becoming a bigger fan of hers. She is just so cool.. and funny.. and pretty! I can totally see the Tina Fey in you! And a guy at my work tells me I remind him of Lynette on Desperate Housewives!! Wow..a stressed out mom who has visions of shooting herself in the head!! Hmmm...

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

LOL!!!! No, it's not Chris' blog...his is boring :)

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:38:00 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Ya my blog sucks. Hey tina fey also has a scar on her face. So dont go cutting your cheek.
Who does your boss look like?

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Char said...

I was being totally sarcastic when I said your blog was boring...it's anything but boring...
I won't be doing anything to scar up my face just to achieve more of a resemblance to Tina Fey.
I'll talk to you in person about my team leader...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home