Thursday, February 23, 2006

TGIW

I guess technically it's Thursday, but to me it's still Wednesday. I say TGIW because it's now the beginning of my weekend. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........made it through another week. It was fairly uneventful, which is nice for a change. No one was taken to emergency for any reason including illness, and the week just seems to be floating by swimmingly. I am, however, extreeeeeemely thankful that my weekend is here. It takes everything I've got to make it through each night at work, and by the time Wednesday comes around, I'm ready for a break. I am fully aware that I'm not handling these night shifts well. Although planned with good intentions, it's just not what I thought it would be. It's so not worth it to be this tired, to be missing out on everything between dinner and bedtime, basketball practice, and of course, my shows. I'm going to miss being home during the day once I go back to days in May. I'm going to miss my soap, and definitely TPIR (The Price Is Right), but I can't have the best of both worlds. I'm looking forward to the change, and I've also asked for my Sunday shift to be changed in the meantime so I'm not working until 1 a.m. I'm trying to get 5 - 11, which would make a world of difference on Monday mornings. Of course, no one could make any guarantees for me, but I'm staying optimistic. That would mean I'd only be a bitchy zombie 3 days a week instead of 4. I'm sure everyone is now being optimistic.

I'm very much looking forward to the weekend. I'm going for a massage on Thursday and then to a movie, I have a very early appointment on Friday morning, but that's no big deal. We'll probably rent a couple of movies on Friday night if we can't get to one over the weekend...(this is an unobvious hint that we would like a sitter for anyone who is reading this). Kelsey has basketball playoffs on Saturday - one game for sure, possibly two depending on how they do, and then back to work on Sunday (boooooooooo!!!!!!). And, of course there is all the other stuff in between. But, it will sure be nice to not have to go to work for a few days.

I haven't posted anything in a while, and I know this isn't the most exciting post, but I felt the need to update.

If I don't talk to any of you (hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! As IF!)..have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:02:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I know how you feel I am very relieved its Thursday! I just updated my blog too cause its been a week. I am a bad blogger these days.

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reader will look after the kids on Saturday night if you guys want to go to a movie. As far as the rest of the blog, It isn't my "Friday" so I'm not as ecstatic as you are. I will still be a bitchy zombie for two more days (no comments from the peanut gallery on that statement you guys).

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

You're right! I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home