Monday, January 23, 2006

Bingo!

Safeway Bingo....I'm addicted. What's wrong with me? I just need one letter to spell "Safeway" and one letter to spell "Bingo". Plus, I love circling the numbers on the game card. I never expect to win anything instantly, but all Bingo cards that enter this house go to me. Kelsey and I fight over them. So far, I've had 4 cards with 10 bonus Air Miles each. I know that's not much, but it's better than nothing. I don't plan on travelling with my points because I've been collecting since 1997 and I don't think I've reached 500 points yet. I have 'purchased' a phone for the house, plus some Goldeyes tickets, but nothing more than that. I really think I'm going to start redeeming points for little things here and there. Maybe it would be a good idea to order a bunch of movie passes and let Kelsey give them to her friends as birthday presents. We all know how many birthdays that girl gets invited to, and this might be a good way to save some money on gifts. I'll have to give that some more thought to see if it really is worth it. Anyway, I'm convinced that I'm going to win something significant from Safeway. And by significant, I'm talking a $25.00 gift card. To me, that would be like winning the lottery. If I do win big ($25.00 gift card), all of you will benefit. You can hold me to that.

A few things are going on today. Jake's first day of day care (not sure if this is going to be a permanent decision yet or not); voting; which I will do after taking him to day care since they're in the same building; and playing Safeway Bingo. I'm nervous for Jake because when I asked him if he wants to go to day care, he said, "No. I yike you." But then when I tell him what's at day care, he seems more interested. I know he's going to cry when I leave. That's a guarantee. I'm only leaving him there for a few hours on his first day, and I'll see about working it up to more, but that's only if I decide to continue. With him being in day care while I'm still working evenings, I might be able to get some rest for an hour or two. That makes me almost happy about sending him. I'm not happy about sending him because I know how much he likes to be at home with me, plus the older I'm getting, the more resistant to change I seem to be getting (topic for future post). I'm not big on the thought of seeing him upset when I leave him, but at the same time, I think he needs more than being at home with his tired mother. Maybe if I just remind myself of how I felt at the sight of the chocolate milk he poured out of his cup without me knowing soaking into the carpet in his bedroom, and staining it at the same time, the decision won't be as hard to make. I love being at home with him, and I really enjoy our routine, but I think I'd like it better in the summertime when we can spend alot more time outside. I know he'll be fine, I know he'll be in good hands, but I just need to get through the first couple of days and I'll be fine too. Once I know where to go, I'll feel better. But will they remember we're coming tomorrow? What if they don't? What if I go to the wrong place? Can I leave the sled outside while I take him in? Should I walk down the back lane or go down Rosedale?

One thing I should remember about it all is that I'll be doing alot of walking back and forth between home and day care, so that can't be a bad thing. Then I won't have to feel as guilty for drinking Pepsi. Or eating chips.

I will also vote before I come home. Not sure which way I'm going yet. Green, Orange, Blue, Red.....??? I'll decide when I get there, but I have a pretty good idea. I'm not going to not vote. I don't care what anyone else decides to do, but I just wouldn't feel right personally if I opted not to.

I'm sure I'll be playing my Bingo after Kenny gets home from work. That's usually when the daily Safeway trip takes place. I went grocery shopping the other night and got THREE Bingo cards!!!! I was so excited. I didn't win anything though, but the anticipation while I was playing was more than I could handle. It made me want to play more. At least we're not going to lose our house or car over me playing Safeway Bingo.....

Well, wish me luck with day care! I guess it should be more like, wish Jake luck with day care. I'm sure he'll have plenty of stories to tell about his day. I'll be sure to pass them on.

6 Comments:

At Monday, January 23, 2006 7:45:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I love the BINGO too but it sounds like you love it more. You bet I will hold you to taking care of my faminly if you win a gift card or two!! I have been collecting airmiles since 98 and I have no clue how many points I have..I think just enough to get me and Amy to your house by bus.. maybe by cab!! Give Jake hugs and kisses for for his first day today.. I am sure he will LOVE it. You will be ok too Char! I would be having the same feelings if Amy were going to day care too. Remember Jarrets first day of school?? I was a wreck! I did survive and you will too. Call me if you need to talk! Well Thats enough room I am taking up. Talk to you soon.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2006 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

What letters do you need?

 
At Monday, January 23, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I'm out of the loop..... Jake started DayCare, is this b/c you will be working days??? that job... Hope he had a good first day, can't wait to hear all about it. This one's from Denise not christopher!

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:21:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

Well, the job fell through, but I still want to work days. I started him in day care now because Lord Roberts has a spot, and I may qualify for a subsidy, so I figure why not put him in now, if I'm subsidized, then we pay $2.40 a day, and this way while I'm still on my evening shift I can take him to day care in the morning, and then come home and get some rest. I might be able to regain some of my sanity. As of May 1 my shift is chaning at my current job, so I'll need day care at that time, but they had a spot now and said they can't guarantee one for May 1. So, it's kind of working out either way, except if we can't get a subsity I'll have to reconsider. We'll see what happens. Sorry if you felt out of the loop, but it just kind of happened really fast, and I was sort of in denial all weekend, so I didn't talk about it too much before he started. Plus I hadn't totally made up my mind as to what I was going to do about it. I think secretly I was hoping it wouldn't work because I don't want to put him back in day care quite yet. But...he had his first day and it was good. I'll write more about that later.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:22:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

E and N

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:22:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

I mean subsidy, not subsity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home