Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Jake!

I think it's safe to say that Jake has come a long way in the four years he's been around. Just think back to four years ago today where he was. At this time on that day he wasn't even born yet, but he was sure anxious to be. I wonder if at 10:02 tonight I'll start to have pains? I'll be at work at that time, but we'll see :)

I sent cupcakes (or, muffins as he calls them) to school to share with his friends today, and he was pretty excited about that. I'm sure all the kids will go home at lunch time covered in chocolate. Oh well. I'll take the blame for that one. I still have to ice his birthday cake that I won't be here to share with everyone (do I actually sound bitter?). He has to have a cake on his "real" birthday, and including the cupcakes, this will be round 3 of cake eating. Not that my kids have a problem with that. I don't know if any other kids out there can inhale cake like mine can. Don't get me wrong, I don't see that as a fault. I'm actually quite proud of that fact.

Thanks for all the gifts and phone calls over the past few days - someone has been very excited around here.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

I just wish we could be there to celebrate with you guys. Hope he has a wonderful day.

 
At Wednesday, October 18, 2006 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

inhale all the cake they want..just increase the insulin;)
Happy b-day jake .
One more suprise soon buddy!!!

 
At Thursday, October 19, 2006 6:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For anyone reading Char's blog who don't know her kids well, she is not kidding when she says "inhale" cake. I have never seen two kids who like or can eat a piece of cake faster than Kelsey and Jake. It is so funny to watch. Anyway, when I talked to Jake there was no doubt he was having a very happy birthday. Just the way it is supposed to be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home