Friday, November 17, 2006

School

Today was the very first ever Parent-Teacher interview for Jake. I met with his teacher, and found out what he's been up to at school. All in all, a good review. There are a few things we need to work on at home with him, but nothing major at all. Apparently he's very serious. He and Breanne are attached at the hip. They're very chummy. He loves playing with cars and trucks, and at the sand table. He's very outgoing with his peers, but when he has one on one time with the teacher, he clams up. One of the comments on his report was "very quiet". That was in reference to him telling stories. He is very much like that, but they're working on it.

I'm going to be volunteering in his class next Wednesday, and I can't wait for that. I know Jake will be thrilled, and those little kids are just soooooooo damn cute!!! When I was younger, I always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, and now I know why. They are just priceless. The teacher is quite anxious for me to be there too, but the only thing that scares me is that we're going to be doing crafts. I can't do crafts. I suck at crafts. Poor kids will go home with their projects and their parents won't even know what it is.

I also found out how to get in touch with my nursery and kindergarten teacher, Erika. She used to be the vice principal at Jake's school until about 2 years ago. I told Jake's teacher that I would love to contact her somehow, and told me what school she is now working at. She also encouraged me to call her, so I think I will. She was my favourite. I think part of the reason I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher was because of her. Is it too late? Have I missed the boat? I guess so. I couldn't possibly go through 4 years of university at this stage. Yikes.

Anyway, it was very cute to talk to his teacher about him today. They learned about opposites the other day, and he told me this last night. I drilled him on a few, and he's got it. So cute. I also learned that Breanne's favourite colours are pink and purple.

3 Comments:

At Saturday, November 18, 2006 8:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erika is a doll! She loved you kids. I used to volunteer in her class and guess what? We did crafts. Honestly Char, "doing" crafts with these guys will be a blast. They love to glue and if you think you will get your hands on their stuff think again. They are very possessive. They all have a vision, but just not the knowledge of how to execute the plan. Jake will love it and so will all the kids. You always remind me of Auntie when I was a kid. you are so nice to each child and each of the little ones think they are the only one you like when you speak to them. Have fun! Just think like Erika and you'll be a star.

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I love that Jakes buddy at school is a girl named Breanne. For some reason it just makes me smile. He is going to poop himself when you volunteer!! He will love it and I wouldnt worry about doing crafts with the 4 year olds.. you will do good!!

 
At Monday, November 20, 2006 12:33:00 AM, Blogger Char said...

It was so cute at Jake's day care one day .. I was picking him up and I just finished signing him out, and one little girl was standing beside me staring up at me, so I looked down and said hi to her, and she smiled back. Then she said to me, "I like your boots!" OMG...I almost started to cry. It was soooo cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home